We have been using Acoustic Wave treatments including Radial Pressure Wave Therapy, True Shockwave™ and Flashwave® Therapy for years in our clinics as an effective treatment for cellulite, wrinkles and skin smoothing.
Radial Pressure Waves are non-invasive, relying on the same technology used in musculoskeletal acoustic wave treatments but with applicators to target more superficial tissue depths. Depending on severity, clients will need approximately 3-5 Flashwave® treatments and 10 acoustic wave treatments to complete their protocol and may need occasional tune-up treatments every few months or years to maintain their results. There is no downtime or unpleasant side effects, and the treatments evoke cellular change from the inside out, not through damaging artificial means such as freezing or heat.
True Shockwave™ and Flashwave® Benefits in Aesthetics Medicine:
- Gradual smoothing of skin surface with a noticeable reduction in cellulite
- Increased firmness and lifting of the skin
- Circumferential reduction
- Long-lasting treatment effect (more than 6 months post treatment)
- Stimulation of muscle fibre growth, causing empty spaces to fill with muscle and improving overall shape and appearance of the tissue.
- Increased muscle growth also leads to increased metabolic activity beneath the skin, leading to better circulation, improved lymph drainage and reduced inflammation and edema
Cellulite, sometimes referred to as orange-peel skin, is a widespread problem affecting almost only women. It is mainly caused by the increase of the fat deposits around the buttocks and thighs and the skin’s aging process that causes the collagen layers to become thinner over time. The septa of connective tissue in women run almost perpendicular to the surface of the skin. An imbalance between fat production (lipogenesis) and fat breakdown (lipolysis) within the cells leads to the formation of large fat cells that bulge towards the surface of the skin, giving the skin the characteristic dimpled orange peel appearance typical of cellulite.
The enlarged fat cells also increase the pressure in the tissue, thus diminishing local microcirculation which results in decreasing lipolysis. Over time edema and local inflammations also occur.
Factors such as smoking, stress, poor diet, obesity and genetic predisposition further accelerate skin aging and the appearance of cellulite.
True Shockwave™ and Flashwave® for Scars, Cellulite, Wrinkles & Body Contouring
True Shockwave™ and Flashwave® generate an instant reaction on different levels; the body responds to the treatment by increasing cellular activity around the site of the treated area. The initial signs of improvement are increased skin firmness as well as smoothness of the treated area. Beneath the surface, True Shockwave™ and Flashwave® induce several physiological processes through cellular communication:
- Neovascularization of the subcutaneous tissue
- Improved lymphatic drainage
- Acceleration of the lymphatic system activity
- Formation of stronger skin connective tissue
- Enhanced blood supply in the supportive connective tissue
- Increase in cellular activity, which reduces fat tissue edema
Tissue edema is one of the initial phenomena of cellulite. Reduction of edema increases tissue permeability, so fluids and toxins retained within the fat cells are not only released, but also drained by the lymphatic system. By reducing the toxins there is less damage to the collagen fibers, meaning less degeneration and tighter skin.
True Shockwave™ and Flashwave® can be applied on the cellulite-affected areas such as abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks and arms.
It is a reliable, reproducible, easy-to-use treatment, granting significant clinical results and great satisfaction to customers with clearly visible improvements after only three treatments.
Acoustic Wave Therapy vs. Flashwave® ASM
- Shock power
- Shock diameter
- Depth of effectiveness
- Level of discomfort during treatment
- Stimulates collagen production
- Increases skin elasticity
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces depth & appearance of wrinkles
- Improves the look and feel of scars
- Stimulates new blood vessel growth
- Improves lymph circulation
- Reduces fat cells
- Tightens skin
- Stimulates muscle growth & activation
- Stimulates endogenous stem cells
- 3-5 bar
- 100-300 bar
True Shockwave™ or Flashwave®? No need to wonder.
Our therapists will assess your situation and formulate a True Shockwave™, Radial Pressure Wave or Flashwave® treatment plan appropriate for achieving the most effective and lasting results.